Autumn Sky Poetry DAILY is OPEN to submissions.
1. You published my poem but it has a typo/error/glaring hideous mistake! What do I do?
Easy: send me an email and I’ll fix it.
2. You published my poem and tagged it as free verse, but it’s actually a formal poem.
Send me an email and I’ll re-tag the poem correctly.
3. This is supposed to be a daily, but there is no poem today? What happened?
It’s the weekend, I’m on vacation, or no good poems crossed my email desk. I won’t post a poem unless I receive something worth sharing.
4. Why no cover letter? Why no bio?
Who you are doesn’t matter. If you write a great poem, I will publish it.
5. No formal acceptance? Are you kidding me? That’s so rude.
It may be rude, but it will greatly simplify my life and make running a daily poetry journal possible. If I had to reply to every submission I received, I’d probably lock myself in a closet and cry until I passed out.
6. You published someone’s art and this is a poetry daily! What gives?
Every once in a while I’m going to veer to the side and publish artwork. I do not accept art submissions. However, if I happen across something beautiful, I may contact you for permission to publish your work.
7. There are typos/errors/glaring grammar mistakes on your website!
Please send me an email and I’ll fix it.
8. How much does it cost to run this thing?
Around $60 USD a year for the website domain and various other things.
9. Why aren’t you paying poets for their poems?
If only money grew on trees and readers actually paid for poems, oh, what a wonderful world that would be!
10. You are an evil, terrible, sarcastic person! What makes you think you can be an editor?
As my younger son would say: “Because, reasons.” Seriously, if you want to be an editor, you too can create an online journal and solicit submissions. My motto: if I’m going to complain that I can do something better, I’d better go out and do that something.
Editor: Christine Klocek-Lim
Christine on Facebook